License: Closed source commercial software, but free as in beer!
Current Version: 3.2 released April 16, 2013
Live Titles is a custom Live Tile editor for Windows Phone, it allows you to define a myriad of options to use as “titles” on your start screen to give some visual distinction between you Live Tile groupings.
Live Titles is free software, however it is not open source. It is fully functional and free to use without advertising.
Links: #0066cc;">Windows Phone Marketplace
Version 3.2 – April 16, 2013
- Fixed issue with controls being reset back to defaults after a change
- Fixed issue with updating a pinned title not saving the changes but updating the tile anyway
- Updated application icon to be a blue background instead of transparent so it shows up in the download window in the light theme
Version 3.1 – April 7, 2013
- Fixed History display not able to scroll properly
- Fixed update of existing tile not creating a wide version
Version 3.0 – April 1, 2013
- Windows Phone 8 support, including multiple screen resolutions and tile sizes
- Removed support for version 1 tile’s
- Removed splash screens, didn’t add any value in WP8
- Added support for drawing the text inside of the border size
Version 2.1 – June 19, 2012
- Fixed: Colour picker didn’t change the back/fore ground colour based upon the current theme, which meant if you had the light theme enabled, you couldn’t see the Save/Cancel buttons.
Version 2.0 – March 1, 2012
- Added: Transpency support
- Updated: Colour picker now supports any colour, insted of just preset values
- Fixed: Loading a title where you had changed the border size would cause Live Titles to crash
Version 1.0 – February 23, 2012
- Initial Release, everything is new!
Q: My text overlays the border, how do I stop that?
A: Add a space/return at the beginning or end of the text, a future version of Live Titles will have an option to control this.
Q: Why’s it call Live Titles, they don’t seem very lively?
A: The initial release is just to get the basic functional up and running, future releases will add more “lively” features as they become available.
Q: Why can’t I have a double wide tile?
A: Ask Microsoft, they only allow themselves and select partners to create wide tiles on the start screen.
Q: Why does the delete button keep being disabled on me?
A: Once you load or save a title the delete button will become available. Once you navigate way from the preview, the delete button will become unavailable as the preview may no longer represent the title you loaded/saved.
Q: When I update an already pinned Title, do I lose the previous settings for that Title?
A: No, updating a pinned Title will create a new configuration file and store it separately from the previous one, then update the existing Live Tile for you. You can delete the old one manually from the history list if you like.
Q: When I select a Small/Wide tile size and pin it to the start screen, it show up as a regular tile, why is that?
A: Microsoft doesn’t provide a way to pin a tile to the start screen in anything but the default size, simply resize the tile to your desired size.
- Add Title underlines
- Add custom border width size for each side
- Add custom border percentage for each position
- Add background images
- Add image cropper/scaler
- Add reverse tile options
- Add use of current theme colours for background and text